Basic Volunteer Training >> Packaged and Ready to Go!
WHAT . . .
Four interactive, self-paced online training modules, complete with quizzes:
- About 4-H
- Positive Youth Development
- Getting Started in 4-H
- Leadership and Teaching
FOR WHOM . . .
- Potential 4-H volunteers
- New, current, and re-entering 4-H volunteers
- Others who want to learn more about 4-H
WHY ONLINE . . .
- Available anytime, anywhere
- Timely information updates
- Easy to access and use
- Instant feedback
- Can return to review information
KEY BENEFITS OF E-LEARNING TRAINING . . .
- Ability to reach more learners
- More consistent, quality instruction
- Self-paced interactive learning
- Increased knowledge retention
- Cost-effective way to train
- Reduces staff delivery time
- Helps determine committed volunteers
- Ready to use in county
OUTCOMES . . .
- Volunteers more knowledgeable about 4-H youth development
- Volunteers more prepared to work with youth
- Increased interest in orientation/training
To Access This E-Learning Course
Please contact the appropriate individual from your county (use your county name as the search criteria on this search page) in order to obtain the course access password; your county agent should be able to provide you with the password to access the course. Once you have obtained the password, log into the course here.
( Password is required for online training )
Your county Extension office will receive notification upon your successful completion of each of the four modules. Completion of this course does not guarantee your acceptance as a volunteer with Colorado State University Extension, 4-H Youth Development Programs.